Sunrise Case Study
Sunrise Family now happier thanks to White Pages TotalCheck®
“TotalCheck™ was easy to integrate technically, giving Sunrise Family greater data accuracy while still providing our members a simple signup process.”
Sunrise Family, Channel 7
Understanding the need
Seven’s Sunrise, Australia’s number one breakfast show, provides the opportunity to become a member of the Sunrise Family. Membership is free and allows consumers to take advantage of special offers and great range of deals, as well as a weekly e-mail newsletter from popular stars Kochie and Mel.
Accessed online, through a simple but secure webform, personal information is collected for a variety of purposes. As well as processing a Sunrise Family membership, Seven uses data for marketing purposes such as understanding its audiences and providing information about Seven's programmes as well as Yahoo!7 products and services.
To ensure effective marketing, Seven collects a wide range of personal information including postal addresses, which means data accuracy is crucial.
Seven’s priorities were to:
- maintain an accurate customer contact database
- ensure data integrity for future direct mail campaigns
- reduce the time taken to capture customer information online
- capture accurate demographic data quickly
As part of a new redesign of their website, Sunrise wanted a tool that would seamlessly integrate into the site in order to validate address data without interrupting the user experience.
After analysing the situation and identifying what Sunrise wanted to achieve, Sensis Data Solutions offered more than address validation and recommended White Pages TotalCheck®.
TotalCheck™ uses White Pages® directories as its primary data source. As this data is updated daily it means you will have the latest name, address and phone number information available from White Pages®.
TotalCheck™ also uses Australia Post’s Postal Address File (PAF) to significantly improve the quality of customer and prospect data, and reduce costs by validating contact details in real-time.
Sensis believed TotalCheck™ would deliver the level of data accuracy desired by Sunrise but also capture customer contact information with the speed today’s consumers demand.
Realising the benefits
White Pages Total Check® was integrated into the Yahoo!7 website in March 2011 and now means Sunrise enjoys the following benefits:
- Cost reductions – increased accuracy of postal address data has reduced the likelihood of returned or dead mail improving the performance of direct marketing campaigns
- Marketing confidence – increased confidence in the overall quality of customer contact data
- Customer satisfaction – time spent entering contact information online is reduced providing an easier registration process
- Enhanced reputation – using the latest predictive data capture technology complements Sunrise Family’s positioning as an innovative provider of member valued services